When you visit Bangkok, you will see plenty of massage parlours and spas that you can visit to pamper yourself, and a firm favourite with many people is an Onsen. An Onsen is a Japanese name for a natural hot spring that is said to have healing and rejuvenating properties, but besides that, it is very relaxing. There are plenty of Onsen massage places in Bangkok, and below is some advice to help you find the best one for your trip to the Big Mango that will leave you feeling refreshed and relaxed.
Search For A Genuine Onsen
When you are searching for an Onsen, Bangkok does have some genuine ones that import the natural spring water from Japan, and it is these Onsen that you want to search for to get the best experience. An Onsen experience will leave you feeling rejuvenated and helps get rid of aches and pains as your body absorbs nutrients from the mineral-rich water. There are different types of Onsen bath that you can experience, each offering various benefits and some of the most popular ones are:
- A Hot Springs Bath – A relaxing bath at a comfortable 42 °C.
- A Silk Bath – A little cooler at 40 °C, this bath is oxygen-rich, making the water white.
- A Soda Bath – The temperature of this bath is 38 °C and can help boost your circulation and get rid of any chemical residue on your skin.
- A Whirlpool Bath – Set to a temperature of 36 °C, this bath is excellent for relieving aching muscles and getting rid of pains.
- A Cold Bath – The cold bath is a cooling 18 °C and is the final bath, and it helps activate your immune system and leaves you feeling fresh and relaxed when you get out.
Choosing The Best One In Bangkok
The best Onsen in Bangkok will import everything from Japan, so it may not be cheap, but it is worth the expense. You can use websites such as Trip Advisor, which will list the different Onsen in Bangkok, and have reviews left by previous patrons. It can be an excellent tool to find the best one in Bangkok and will help to ensure you have a fantastic experience when you try one. However, it is vital to keep in mind that you will be naked when you experience an Onsen, and men and women will have separate facilities with no shared baths available